Jan 23, 2013

NUTRITIOUS CORIANDER / KOTHAMALLI / CILANTRO CHUTNEY


    This is a different variety of chutney because I use different dals for this one. Mostly I don’t garnish the chutneys. I do this because I try to avoid oil wherever there is not much of a taste difference. In some particular dishes like potato fry we cannot completely avoid oil. That won’t taste good. Whereas we would not notice any difference in chutneys. So I prefer avoiding oil wherever possible. Hence you won’t see seasoning in most of my dishes. But there is nothing wrong if you like the taste of mustard and curry leaves in seasoning, you can add them as well J


Ingredients :

Chana dal – 1tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Peanuts – 1 tsp
Coconut – 1 tsp
Red chillies – 2
Coriander – half a bunch
Half a piece of Tomato

Method :

Dry roast the dals together.

Add these roasted dals, coconut, red chillies and salt to a coarse paste.

Now add coriander and tomato to this mixture.

Grind them to a smooth paste.

Healthy coriander chutney is ready to be served with idli or dosa.

My Notes:

I generally use raw coconut and raw coriander leaves to retain its nutrition value.
You can do it according to your taste. 
I have added a piece of tomato for the sour taste. You can also add tamarind instead.

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is sridevi. your friend suneetha introduced me to this blog. I am a spinster n cooking my self daily. Have been following your recipies. Thanks for helping me for my initial cooking :)

    One request is to include some quick cooking reciepes for my daily lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sridevi, Thank you so much for following my blog. :)
    Sure. Will post some easy rice varieties for daily lunch. Also I'm planning to post some recipes like Sambar and rasam. Hope that helps..

    ReplyDelete